Education, business and community leaders will attend The Public Education Foundation’s 8th Annual Southern Nevada Leadership Summit in Las Vegas today at Caesars Palace. The theme of this year’s summit is Leading Through Uncertainty.
“By bringing together leaders from the private, public, nonprofit and education sectors, participants can hear from national thought-leaders on navigating change and continuous improvement, and exchange ideas on how education leaders can adapt these ideas to their practice. In addition, by learning more about the National Conference of State Legislature’s bipartisan No Time to Lose Report and elements of a world-class education system, leaders across sectors can discuss how to guide positive change for Nevada’s students,” said Judi Steele, President & CEO of The Public Education Foundation.
“Through today’s summit, leaders can discuss bold ideas to understand and harness the power of change to do good for students and Nevada’s future,” Steele said.
This summit’s featured speakers include:
- Dr. Linda Darling-Hammond, President and CEO of the Learning Policy Institute and the Charles E. Ducommun Professor of Education, Emeritus, at Stanford University
- Michelle Exstrom, Education Group Director at the National Conference of State Legislatures
- Dr. Louis Gomez, Professor of Education and Information Studies at UCLA and Senior Fellow at the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- Dr. Frederick Hess, Director of Education Policy Studies at the American Enterprise Institute and Senior Founding Fellow of The Public Education Foundation’s Leadership Institute of Nevada
- Steve Hill, President and Chief Operating Officer of the Las Vegas Visitors and Convention Authority, and former Director of the Governor’s Office of Economic Development
- Brent Lessing, Senior Vice President of Analytics, Program Management and Continuous Improvement for Caesars Entertainment