LAS VEGAS (April 12, 2017) – More than 150 education, business and community leaders are expected to attend The Public Education Foundation’s Southern Nevada Leadership Summit in Las Vegas on April 19 at Caesars Palace from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The theme of this year’s summit is “Getting Reform Right.”
The Public Education Foundation, through its Leadership Institute of Nevada, holds summits that provide policymakers and top business and education leaders from across the state an opportunity to engage in an all-day event featuring the nation’s best practitioners, scholars and entrepreneurial leaders.
This summit’s featured speakers include:
- Dr. Howard Fuller, Distinguished Professor of Education at Marquette University and former Superintendent of Milwaukee Public Schools
- Dr. Julian Vasquez Heilig, Director of the Doctorate in Educational Leadership at California State University, Sacramento, and California NAACP Education Chair
- Dr. Frederick Hess, Director of Education Policy Studies at the American Enterprise Institute, Senior Founding Fellow of The Public Education Foundation’s Leadership Institute of Nevada and author of the new book, “Letters to a Young Education Reformer”
- Neerav Kingsland, Chief Executive Officer of the Hastings Fund and former Chief Executive Officer of New Schools for New Orleans
- Hanna Skandera, New Mexico’s Secretary of Education
Also scheduled to speak at the summit will be Clark County School District Superintendent Pat Skorkowsky, Washoe County School District Superintendent Traci Davis, Caesars Entertainment Executive Vice President Jan Jones Blackhurst and Jon Ralston, Editor of The Nevada Independent. Serving as moderators during the event will be Dr. Nancy Brune, Executive Director of the Kenny Guinn Center for Policy Priorities, and Victor Wakefield, Senior Vice President of Regional Operations for Teach For America and Senior Fellow at the Kenny Guinn Center for Policy Priorities.
The summit is invitation-only, but the media are encouraged to cover the event.
About The Public Education Foundation
The Public Education Foundation works to bring about transformational change in teaching, learning and education leadership. For more information about the Foundation, go to thepef.org. “Like” us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/ThePublicEducationFoundation. “Follow” us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThePEFtoday.